August 25, 2009

the 10-day challenge: day 5

Dumpling Man RECAP: Sometimes, I wake up in the middle of the night in a pool of sweat, shaking uncontrollably with no seeming explanation. I always thought the cause of this was a nightmare, albeit forgettable upon consciousness... Touche. But now I know why I have been waking up paralyzed and inexplicably hungry: it's the crave. For the perfect, warm, plump, cheap dumpling. Friends, Dumpling Man's dumplings are all these things and more. The dumplings are substantial, flavorful, and fresh. And the Hot Monster Sauce complements each dumpling well. My fav: the shrimp. My suggestion: eat there. My nightmares: no more.

TONIGHT'S PICK:
Apotheke: http://www.apothekenyc.com
  • I need a remedy for my sore back. I have been moving. In New York City. Thus the need to visit my local apothecary / pharmacy / I'd-rather-get-a-drink-than-eat-pills. Thankfully, this mixology speakeasy serves "elixers" categorized according to what ails you. Need an upper? - get a stimulant; feeling sexy? - order an aphrodisiac. I, of course, will be getting a pain killer, though considering Apotheke has over 250 house cocktails, I may find picking my poison a little difficult.
  • Why it must be tried: The bartenders wear lab coats. No... seriously. And they mix your drink in chem beakers. It's like a nerd's DREAMland. I'm there.
Although packing makes me want to drink at any and all times of the day, I think I'll hold off until the late evening. Call/text if you're in need of a pharmecutical.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

What happened to the 10 day challenge?

butta said...

It was demoted to 5 - half aint so bad, right? =/

Rani Vagabond said...

5 is beter than zero...so...i'm gonna have to visit this place..my inner nerd needs some "dork"